Re: [jetty-users] All jetty threads waiting in GZipHandler

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Fabian Lange <lange.fabian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> we are running a dropwizard application (DW 1.0.2 which ships jetty
> 9.3.9 20160517), and from time to time we need to restart it because
> all worker threads are stuck with this thread dump:
>
> dw-4046 - POST /upload id=4046 state=WAITING
>     - waiting on <0x7e79f941> (a java.util.ArrayDeque)
>     - locked <0x7e79f941> (a java.util.ArrayDeque)
>     at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>     at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:502)
>     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpInput.blockForContent(HttpInput.java:364)

[snip]

Jetty should idle timeout (what is your idle timeout ?) these
requests, unless the scheduler thread is blocked as well.
A full thread dump will show where the scheduler thread is.

Other than that, we recently cleaned up the blocking timeouts, so you
can configure Jetty by setting HttpConfiguration.blockingTimeout.
This will timeout blocking I/O operations such as reads and writes.

If you can update the dependency of DW to the latest Jetty 9.3.x will be great.

If you can reproduce this issue you are having, we are most interested
in understanding it better and fix it if there is a Jetty problem.

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet
----