Re: [jetty-users] Jspc Maven plugin for Tomcat 7

Portable should be ok m.n. to m.n+1  , but m+1 may be problematic.   Tomcat to Jetty is not so much a problem, unless you get a m to m+1 issue at the same time.

Precompiling is a good thing, just that it is fragile.

Some have argued that when we precompile, we should bundle the entire JSP engine into the WAR to avoid such issues.   This might be a good idea, but not yet acted on.

cheers