Re: [jetty-users] Problems on 100-continue + HTTPS

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 1:25 AM, John Jiang <john.sha.jiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tested the same cases with Apache 2.4.17, but no such message found.
> It looks Apache uses NO_ERROR.

Apache resets the stream with NO_ERROR ?
The reset is fine, using NO_ERROR seems misleading, since the server
wants to tell the client that the stream needs to be canceled, hence
CANCEL_ERROR.

> And for HTTP/1.1, Apache doesn't send "Connection: close"

This looks like an Apache bug.
The server cannot keep the connection open, since the client won't
send the body, and the request is not finished yet, so the server
cannot read another request on that connection.
We have had a discussion with Roy T. Fielding about this behavior, and
what we have implemented is the agreed semantic for 100 Continue.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top