Re: [jetty-users] jetty dies periodically

First, setup a JETTY_BASE.
Don't skip this.
Don't modify the jetty distribution.
This is important, don't avoid this.
Future versions of Jetty will only support a proper JETTY_BASE vs JETTY_HOME split.

Next, don't use -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp on ubuntu, that's not going to work for services that last longer then 2 hours (as ubuntu cleans out the system /tmp directory periodically, breaking many java server libraries)

Next, create a $JETTY_BASE/work directory, and do not specify -Djava.io.tmpdir.
Let Jetty control its own work directory.

Next, move the following command line options to your $JETTY_BASE/start.ini (or equivalent $JETTY_BASE/start.d/*.ini file)
jetty.logging.dir=/opt/jetty/logs   // <-- this should be your $JETTY_BASE/logs directory
jetty.port=7070

Next, remove jetty-logging.xml from your command line (that's 100% inappropriate there).

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx