[jetty-users] Jetty 9 - can same thread become carrier for another request?

Hello,

I am using Jetty 9 and also using ThreadLocals. I was wondering if one thread serving an HTTP Request could all of a sudden become a carrier thread for another HTTP Request, in case the first thread is waiting for some database operation/another web service response. Also, when the original HTTP request becomes active, I have seen the thread ID didn't change, does this indicate that thread is the same thread which started processing the HTTP Request?

Jetty Builds:

        embeddedJetty 'org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-server:9.3.6.v20151106'
embeddedJetty 'org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-servlet:9.3.6.v20151106'
embeddedJetty 'org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-webapp:9.3.6.v20151106'

Thanks,
Sunny

Back to the top