Re: [jetty-users] Minify JavaScript and CSS with the help of Jetty?

Yes, the safest one is pre-minification. But on the fly minification can be acceptable if you leverage proper server and client cache.
Only the first queries will take some time.
Ramp up phase is a concept widely accepted and lot of components (including the JVM itself) are slower the first time they are executed.
Pre-minification or not, jetty will generally take more time to treat the first HTTP requests.
On the fly minification also simplifies your packaging process and makes your application more standalone.
The best approach is still to measure the time it really takes and check if your first user can accept this.

Thank you for all the replies.

I didn't assume minifying would cost any noticable time (because I was using mod_pagespeed before...)

I think I will better pre-minify at my new Jetty-using website.

Regards
Alex