Re: [jetty-users] How do I use Spring Boot when Jetty 9.3 is on the classpath?

On 6/24/2016 2:07 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> I have a Spring Boot project, and I am trying to upgrade from Solr 5.4
> to Solr 6.1. Solr 6.1 has a dependency to Jetty 9.3. Now Spring Boot
> complains: it gives a NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/eclipse/jetty/server/handler/ContextHandler$NoContext.
> ContextHandler exists in Jetty 9.3, but not the inner class NoContext.
>
> Is there a way of solving this?

Hi, I'm a committer on the Lucene-Solr project.

If you are using Solr in the recommended way, it will be an entirely
separate application and JVM from your Spring Boot project.  There would
be no need for them to share a classpath or share any jars.  It is
STRONGLY recommended that you run Solr with the included scripts so that
it is a separate application from anything else on your system.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar

If you are using SolrJ (the Solr client for Java) in your project, then
there is no dependency on ANY version of Jetty.

Thanks,
Shawn

Back to the top