But actually I already have a "pool manager" - in the form of pgbouncer in front of my PostgreSQL server

Regards
Alex

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Steve Sobol - Lobos Studios <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are you sure you wouldn't prefer to use a connection manager of some sort?

I use Hibernate and c3p0 on my J2EE projects. c3p0 or something similar might work well for you.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Alexander Farber" <alexander.farber@xxxxxxxxx>

I am working on a word game, moving it
from AJAX/PHP to Websockets/Jetty.
Most of code is in stored procedures for PostgreSQL anyway.

Being a Servlets and JDBC newbie I have a question please:

And a custom WebSocketListener similar to

where would you be opening JDBC connection?

I.e. where would you call code like

        Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/", props);

so that you could use it in onWebSocketConnect and onWebSocketText?

Maybe there is even some 3rd object in
Jetty life cycle which would suit well?

Back to the top