Re: [jetty-users] Breaking change in jetty-maven-plugin 9.3.7.v20160115 run-forked goal

503 usually means your app is not started successfully.
Since the process is forked you won't see your app's errors in the console. What I do in such setups is configure e.g. log4j for my app, to log to a file during integration tests, so that I can see what's going on serverside (for example, ServletContextListener init() crash, etc).
HTH