Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.2 EOL

Is jetty 9.2.16 officially released? I see it on Maven Central but the page at http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/ is still not updated.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Part of the push to get Jetty 9.4 out the door will be also to retire open source support for Jetty 9.2.x which should be effective in May 2016.

A year ago this month (April) Oracle put the brakes on general public support for Java 7.  That roughly corresponds to when we pushed Jetty 9.3.x which was the first version of Jetty to require Java 8.

Picking up another release branch of Jetty and the looming addition of yet another for experimental features and the forthcoming Servlet 4.0 support with Jetty 10 means something has to give.  Moving forward Jetty 9.2.x will not be getting any tangible support from the Jetty developers on the open source side of things.  We will continue to support it for clients through our professional services and support company Webtide, and if that support triggers a release then that release will of course be made available to the community at large.  We started this program with Jetty 6 and it seems to have  served us and the community well for both Jetty 7 and Jetty 8.

If you have any questions about this please chime in!

cheers,
Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell