[jetty-users] Content Negotiation in Jetty 9.3

Short: Seeking complete example of Content Negotiation configuration in Jetty 9.3

Long:
In a jetty 9.3.6 static installation I'm trying to support Content Negotiation as required by the Linking Open Data project and dbpedia.

To ${jetty.home}/etc/jetty-rewrite.xml we already have added some correctly functioning regex rewrites in a rule of class RewritePatternRule. These probably could be used in a HeaderPatternRule if I am correct that this is the right place to do it. I am looking for examples of doing it this way, because I don't really follow what <Set>...</Set> elements there should be in the children of the class declaration. I can't see that HeaderPatternRule supports the forwarded return, or if that belongs there at this point at all.  An example would be welcome of some <Call> elements that supply returns, whether they go in the same <handler>, how they are related to the HeaderPatternRule, etc.

At a minimum, I'd want something like
to return the rdf that we already know how to generate and fetch by rewriting the URI simply as
http://mydataserver.edu/id/theID.rdf and requesting that.

Maybe I am confusing unrelated components of the Content Negotiation ecosystem, in which case I am clueless about what is required. Nice would be a complete functioning example.

Back to the top