[jetty-users] Using HttpClient from Web Application

Hi,
   I have Jetty launching a web application from which I'd like to use the Jetty HttpClient in some background jobs started by the web app.

I have activated the "client" module in my start.ini. I have used --list-classpath to
confirm the presence of jetty-client-9.2.14.v20151106.jar  in the classpath built by start.jar.

I am still getting no class def found errors for org.eclipse.jetty.client.api.Authentication.

http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/jetty-classloading.html says that

all org.eclipse.jetty classes are treated as server classes (therefore hidden from web-app class loader). There is no exception listed for org.eclipse.jetty.client.

Does that make sense?

--
Ross Sargant
Software Engineer

TVR Communications LLC
Unit #1 - 5115 Harvester Road,Burlington,Ontario,L7L 0A3

Back to the top