Re: [jetty-users] Under load, requests are missing query parameters

On 12/22/2015 11:22 PM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Dirk,

Hi Greg,

> it's very hard to comment without knowing the details of your application.
> Specifically is there any async handling in it.  Some of those repeated log
> lines look suspicious and if the request being handle changes, then I would
> believe async may be involed.

Agreed, I did not give too many details about our application. It is
still a Servlet 2.x style app - no async involved. And maybe I should
have explicitly mentioned that I am suspecting a bug in our code rather
than in Jetty's.

> Note that while Jetty8 is EOL, it is still used by some very high volume
> sites and there is no indication of a simple load to lost parameters
> issue.  So I'm guessing it has something to do with your application.

Now that's a different qualitiy of information. A simple "Jetty 8 is
EOL" could as well mean "our code is broken, try the new version and
everything will be fine". No I'm not saying that the Jetty 8 code is broken.

Meanwhile I made some progress with our migration to Jetty 9. Some very
early tests came up informative stack traces pointing to our application
code that keeps instances of the request object around in instance
variables. I am now working on fixing our code and will try to reproduce
the bug then.

-dirk

Back to the top