[jetty-users] Long running request timeouts

I'm writing a dropwizard application that uses Jetty 9.2.9.  There are some requests to my application that can take a long time to complete. I'm looking for a way to add a timeout at the Jetty level that can short-circuit the processing of any request that crosses the threshold of this timeout so that I can send an error to the user and return the resources that are processing the long request back to the pool for processing other requests.

I've read about the 'idleTimeout' setting, but I don't think it's appropriate here.  I don't want to rely on the socket being idle as my timeout indicator, I want to make sure that any request that takes longer than X amount of time has it's processing halted.

Thanks,
Spencer

Back to the top