Re: [jetty-users] Unix socket performance numbers

Hello Greg,

Can you shed any light on why HAProxy is so much faster than Jetty in handling SSL?

We currently run a multi-tenant system as a cluster of standalone (embedded) Jetty instances. We use Jetty as Servlet container but all static content is served by Jetty as well. And since the SNI facility became available we have been using Jetty to do all the SSL handling as well.

To be honest I am really satisfied with our current setup and very impressed with how Jetty handles itself under load. But if there are significant advantages to different setups than maybe we should reconsider.

Does the picture change if we are talking about more than just small fixed content?

Thanks in advance,

Silvio