Re: [jetty-users] Support for Jetty HTTP/2 client on Android

Not possible.
HTTP/2 pretty much requires TLS/ALPN.
The way to do that, currently, is to modify the Java SSL classes at bootclasspath time.
We have written this modification into the alpn-boot.jar for the standard OpenJDK based Java envs.

There's no way for a normal Android application to do xbootclasspath on a normal android device.

Options you have.
  1. Convince Google to include alpn-boot in the base Android image (AOSP).
  2. Convince Google to include xbootclasspath support for Android Apps.
  3. Build your own Android image with alpn-boot built-in.
  4. Built a native ALPN and/or HTTP/2 processor and use it via JNI with your Android application.
Good Luck,

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx