[jetty-users] Servlet log4j not using jetty rootLogger

While developing I have enjoyed stderr logging. Now I need to log to file, so I followed

  http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/example-logging-log4j.html

And with this jetty-base/resources/log4j.properties

log4j.rootLogger=info, A1
log4j.additivity.FileLog=false
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.File=/home/priot/ops/jetty-base/logs/jetty.log
log4j.appender.A1.MaxFileSize=1MB
# log4j.appender.A1.MaxBackupIndex=1
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

now jetty is logging to the indicated file. But my Servlets are still logging to console. There is no log4j config in the war file - is there some way to make the Servlets inherit the rootLogger of the container? E.g. I don't want to embed the log file path in my war since I'll run in different environments.

Thanks,
Bill

Back to the top