Re: [jetty-users] Range in Http/2

Hi

I see. When I set the value of RANGE as “bytes=100-400” it works. But when the value of range doesn't have such a format. The result goes like what I mentioned in my first Email. I think it may not be a bug of Jetty. But this design may not be so good I suggest Jetty can add some restriction to help the users build range in right format.

Another thing is about the PING. Here is what I do with ping frame:

byte[] payload = new byte[8];

session.ping(new PingFrame(null, false), Callback.NOOP);

session.newStream(.........)

If I set the first param of PingFrame as null. I cannot get any response from my session,newStream request. But if I change the null into payload(I defined before). I can get everything. Do you know why? And is it available to get any response from PingFrame to see whether my ping operation is successful or not. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Muhui Jiang

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Muhui Jiang <jiangmuhui@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't know whether Jetty support sending Range field in Http/2 Header(Or
> Http/2 doesn't support range in fact). I tried
>
> requestFields.put("RANGE","xxx");

Range requests are implemented in DefaultServlet.

You have to setup your server with DefaultServlet and then ranges
should be served properly.
If that is not the case, then it's a bug.

What is your server setup ?

--
Simone Bordet
----