[jetty-users] Getting Basic Auth working

Hi Folks,

I'm using Solr 5.2.1 which comes with Jetty 9.2.10.  I posted for help on the Solr mailing list but no one has been able to help.

I have been trying to get Basic Auth to work by following instructions per [1] and [2] (and few others that I found on the web).  No matter what I do, I get "HTTP Error 404"  Can someone help me figure this out?  Are the instructions correct?  If so, where should I look, or what logs should I enable to narrow down this issue?

I'm doing this on Windows 2012 server and will eventually do so on Linux.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity#Jetty_realm_example
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.2.6.v20141205/configuring-security-authentication.html