Re: [jetty-users] The Development LifeCycle

Joakim, many thanks!

Your samples are fine!

My Program is working fine with Jetty 9 now thanks!

You are the best of the best support team! :)

02.07.2015, 15:42, "Joakim Erdfelt" <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Ah, ok (premature send?).

org.mortbay.component.LifeCycle was part of the component lifecycle.
NOT the deployment lifecycle.

To add your own component to the lifecycle of the server, just use addBean(mycomponent) against the level you want in the component tree.

Example:

https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/master/jetty-server/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/server/LowResourceMonitor.java#L65

import org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle;
@ManagedObject ("Monitor for low resource conditions and activate a low resource mode if detected")
public class LowResourceMonitor extends AbstractLifeCycle
{

and the associated XML

<Configure id="Server" class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server">
  <Call name="addBean">
    <Arg>
      <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.LowResourceMonitor">

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts