[jetty-users] PathResource warn in 9.3

It seems this is the first case of this warning on the web:

2015-07-02 13:16:57.019:WARN:oejur.PathResource:qtp1963387170-179: bad alias (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException) for null

I'm not sure what to make of it. It is associated with a stutter
in the user experience of loading pictures.

I have web page javascript calling a servlet running under jetty
when the user clicks a 'next image' button. The servlet returns
an image file name, and the javascript loads the file via jetty
http, following a soft link ROOT/images->[...]. There is only one
user doing one thing at a time.

I am getting these warnings singly when operation seems ok, and in
clusters when the user hasn't clicked 'next image' for a while. In that
case on the browser side, in conjunction with a cluster of these
warnings, I see several images flip by in less than a second. So
images are being loaded. I need to figure out how to debug from the
javascript side and dig into the jetty source, but since PathResource
appears to be new, it seems this could be of interest.

Setup:

cd /opt/jetty-distribution-9.3.0.v20150612
java -jar start.jar \
    jetty.home=/opt/jetty-distribution-9.3.0.v20150612 \
    jetty.base=[...]/jetty-base

> egrep -v '^#' [...]/jetty-base/start.ini|awk 'NF > 0'
--module=server
jetty.threadPool.minThreads=5
jetty.threadPool.maxThreads=50
--module=http