[jetty-users] Static gzip content in DefaultServlet, firefox problems

I am having trouble with the gzip feature for static content in jetty DefaultServlet. I am running jetty 9.2.11.

Basically I turned the option on in etc/webdefaults.xml (setting gzip=true) and then try it out pointing my browser to:

http://myserver/static/path/my.file.txt

In the server's file system what I have is "static/path/my.file.txt.gz". Following the docs, what I should get is the uncompressed text file "my.file.txt". That in fact happens correctly in Chrome (tested in version 43.0.2357.125 in Linux) and IE 11. But in Firefox (tested in version 38 in Linux), what I get is the file "my.file.txt" but still gzipped-compressed.

Any ideas what can I be doing wrong? Is there any known issue with this feature in Firefox?

Thanks a lot for the help

Jose

Back to the top