Re: [jetty-users] using nginx or other Webserver in front of Jetty

Hi Sebastian,

i think for this scenario jetty alone will be enough. If I understand you correctly you don't mind a downtime of a minute or something when you update your application, you only have one SSL certificate/domain (and therefore don't need to update that configuration often, just once a year when your SSL certificate is going to run out) and mostly serve static content. Jetty will handle this quite well. Nginx in front of jetty only makes sense if you have dynamic generated content, which you can/need to cache using nginx. Or if you have a multi domain setup, which needs new SSL certificates all the time and also changes often. But this seems not the be the case in your scenario.

cu Emmeran