[jetty-users] Can useFileMappedBuffer be configured via start.ini setting?

Hello,

I would like to control the default servlet's useFileMappedBuffer
parameter via start.ini, so it can easily be enabled/disabled.

I tried using Property and SystemProperty inside the param-value but
both seem to be evaluated as false.

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>useFileMappedBuffer</param-name>
			<param-value><Property name="default.useFileMappedBuffer" default="true"/></param-value>
		</init-param>
		<load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

It's turned on with <param-value>true</param-value> so the configuration
is being picked up.

Is there a way to make it configurable, or do I need to look at a
different solution.

(The servlet definition is being included into a webapp context via
overrideDescriptor, so fallback plan is to control it via loading
either of two servlet config files, but would of course prefer not
having two otherwise identical files.)

Using Jetty 9.3.0.v20150612 in a home/base configuration.

Thanks,

Peter

Back to the top