Re: [jetty-users] Validation Errors after update from 9.0 to 9.2

Lets see your WEB-INF/web.xml

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Lothar Kimmeringer <job@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I did an update from Jetty 9.0 to Jetty 9.2 and now have XML-validation
errors when trying to load a web-application when the system is not
connected to the Internet:

2015-05-07 13:38:13 WARNING: Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@c89563{/,file:/D:/ISDW3_devel/webapps/root/,null}{D:\ISDW3_devel\webapps\root}
java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com
[...]
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:649)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:333)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlParser.parse(XmlParser.java:252)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.Descriptor.parse(Descriptor.java:54)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebDescriptor.parse(WebDescriptor.java:207)

Was there a change in the default of the property validating from 9.0
to 9.2? How can I globally disable this setting or add a redirection
globally to the locally existing file? I tried different thing but
to now avail. There are hundreds of installations out there I otherwise
have to change in the configuration files (again), so some way to get back
the previous behavior would be appreciated.

At the moment no webapps are starting with a system not allowed to
access the Internet, which is not what I need.

Regards, Lothar