[jetty-users] Http Request Header Size Limit

Hi Jetty users,
Any one has best practice on Jetty HTP Header size limit setting?

For Jetty, the header size can be configured in HttpConfiguration, default like bellow (8k bytes):

private int _requestHeaderSize=8*1024;
private int _responseHeaderSize=8*1024;
For some reason, we need to increase the header size (it is arguable why need such a big header? It is because of some special cookie).  The concern is header is attache to HTTPChannel which is 1:1 to connection or 1:n to SPDY connection (from Jetty Doc). If we have 10k connections, every 8k header size increase will introduce 80M memory usage (should more if calculated with JVM data structure overhead). 80M seems not too big in modern box.  Are there anyone here ever did this kind of testing on Jetty, or benchmark?  What is the optimal header size and any concern factors we need to take care?  Throughput (traffic, volume), latency?
thanks
Huaping Gu

Back to the top