[jetty-users] maxThreads not getting honoured by Jetty 8?

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 withy jetty8. And have configured /etc/jetty/jetty.xml to use maxThreads of 50 and the number of acceptors is set to 8.

I am expecting the number of threads of jetty process to not exceed 400 (50*8). With maybe a few additional maintenance threads. However, when I check the total number of threads it is >2000. How is this possible?

Also, the stack size for each thread is 8 MB on the system (ulimit -s). So, if there are 2000 threads running, then shouldn't the system occupied memory be 16000 MB? Instead it only 7 GB. How is this possible?

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks,
Rahul.

--