Re: [jetty-users] Async IO failed with IllegalStateException in HttpOutput

Michael,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Michael Aaron <maaaroooon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded to jetty-all-9.2.10.v20150310, but the problem remains. What
> might be wrong? Does this exception mean usage error (my code attempting to
> write when isReady() is not true), or does this mean some internal problem
> of Jetty?

Two things:

1) can you replicate the issue with the latest (built from the master
branch) Jetty ?
2) can you put up a reproducible test case ?

About your code, the use of synchronized is not optimal for async I/O
usage (you really want to be lock free for async I/O).

Your code looks ok, but it's incomplete for us to give you a full
picture. We would need onWritePossible() and understand when doWrite()
is called.
What Joakim was referring to is one of the issue I mention in the
slides, but you are avoiding it by testing again _os.isReady() in the
while expression, so the buffer is not corrupted.

Could be a 9.2.x issue, that's why if you can test with 9.3.x (master
branch) will be great.

--
Simone Bordet
----