[jetty-users] Jetty context.xml overrideDescriptor not working for CORS

Hi,

I have been trying to enable CORS on a jetty server using overrideDescriptor tag in context.xml. The override-web.xml is as follows:

<web-app>
 <filter>
    <filter-name>cross-origin</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.CrossOriginFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>allowedOrigins</param-name>
        <param-value>*</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>allowedMethods</param-name>
        <param-value>GET,POST,DELETE,PUT,HEAD</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>allowedHeaders</param-name>
        <param-value>origin, content-type, accept</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>cross-origin</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
</web-app>
I have added the following line in my jetty-context.xml
<Set name="overrideDescriptor">/path/to/override-web.xm</Set>
When Jetty is started i can see in the Debug logs that CrossOriginFilter is initialised properly. But i am still getting No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. I don't know why is this happening.
Can someone suggest the reason or how to fix this? Can the original web.xml interfere with the overrideDescriptor?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Harsh

Back to the top