[jetty-users] MultiException: Multiple exceptions

I'm getting the following error on startup when deploying a WAR:

12:03:17.360 - WARN [org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext:514] - Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@2278eb54{/,[file:/apps/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.
0-8443-webapp-_-any-6826574992062505409.dir/webinf/, file:/apps/local/idp/webapp/],STARTING}{/apps/local/idp/webapp}
org.eclipse.jetty.util.MultiException: Multiple exceptions
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:842) ~[jetty-servlet-9.2.7.v20150116.jar:9.2.7.v20150116]

I've turned up logging and looked in a number of other files for details on the root causes, but I have not found anything. It looks like MultiException holds onto the causing exceptions and provides a helpful toString method [1] that ought to do what I want. Unfortunately, the ifExceptionThrow method uses the unhelpful message above. I think it would be generally helpful to have the causing exceptions appear in the error message. I'm happy to file a bug and provide a patch if there's agreement on that point.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/master/jetty-util/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/util/MultiException.java#L160

Back to the top