Re: [jetty-users] Preventing queuing of requests when all connections exhausted

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:04 PM, John Gardiner Myers
<jgmyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/31/15 9:38 AM, Simone Bordet wrote:
>>
>> This would require a refactoring of the code to reject the offer() to
>> the queue in case you have all connections active.
>> Can you please file an issue about this ?
>
> Will do.
>>
>> If it is possible to generalize this feature also to a multiplexed
>> connection, I think it would be a boolean in HttpClient.
>> Otherwise you will have a method to override to return true/false
>> based on your conditions.
>>
> My idea for an interface would be to exempt unused/idle
> MaxConnectionsPerDestination from the MaxRequestsQueuedPerDestination limit.

Now I am confused. You said your case was for when all connections are in use.
Why you want to exempt idle connections from a queue limit (which,
incidentally, is not even there) ?

> Then I could set MaxRequestsQueuedPerDestination to zero. I can't think of a
> use case that would require the current method of accounting.
>
> I don't see how multiplexed connections affects it. Doesn't
> MaxConnectionsPerDestination apply to virtual connections?

There are no virtual connections, whatever you mean.
There is one physical connection, so MaxConnectionsPerDestination is
implicitly overridden to 1.

Let's figure out what you exactly want to do before filing the issue.
I evidently did not understand.

--
Simone Bordet
----