Re: [jetty-users] Sequential pushing with HTTP/2

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Jeroen van der Hooft
<jeroen.vanderhooft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been using a customized version of Jetty 9.3.0 to enable the pushing
> of content from server to client, using HTTP/2-14. I have done some
> preliminary experiments, and noticed that when pushing resources a, b and c
> from the resource handler:
>
>     baseRequest.getHttpChannel().getHttpTransport().push(a);
>     baseRequest.getHttpChannel().getHttpTransport().push(b);
>     baseRequest.getHttpChannel().getHttpTransport().push(c);

Perhaps you want to use the custom Dispatcher API instead:
https://webtide.com/http2-push-with-experimental-servlet-api/

> It is possible that resource b is pushed before a, or resource c is pushed
> before a or b. How can I make sure that resources are pushed sequentially in
> the current HTTP/2 implementation?

The implementation pushes the PUSH_PROMISE frames in order, but then
performs 3 thread dispatches as if the server received 3 requests for
those resources, so ordering is not guaranteed.

Why you need the ordering ?

--
Simone Bordet
----