Re: [jetty-users] gzip filter

Have you verified all this?

GZIP Filter This filter will gzip or deflate the content of a response if:
  • The filter is mapped to a matching path
  • accept-encoding header is set to either gzip, deflate or a combination of those
  • The response status code is >=200 and <300
  • The content length is unknown or more than the minGzipSize initParameter or the minGzipSize is 0(default)
  • If a list of mimeTypes is set by the mimeTypes init parameter, then the Content-Type is in the list.
  • If no mimeType list is set, then the content-type is not in the list defined by excludedMimeTypes
  • No content-encoding is specified by the resource

I am using chrome and I can see the gzip accept headers in the request.  I can also see that the file size never changes when it comes across the wire.