[jetty-users] dynamic reloading in dev environment

Hi,

  I want to implement a "dynamic reloading of classes" for my micro-webframework, but I want to get out of class loaders (if possible).

 I will recommend users to install and use http://dcevm.github.io/, which alredy does the hard part (class reloading at the JVM level) and avoid a custom class loader.

 In my mind, all I have to do is listening for changes and restart the framework (when need it). Today,
I can't to do it because calling server.stop, exit the JVM (of course).

 I've been reviewing the deployment plugin from Jetty. But not sure if the deployment plugin required a custom classloader or not. Also, want this ONLY for development (not prod). That's why I think current deployment plugin is too much for my use case.

 You can see how I do build a my server here: https://github.com/jooby-project/jooby/blob/master/jooby/src/main/java/org/jooby/internal/jetty/JettyServerBuilder.java

I will love to hear what do you think is possible or not, alternative solutions or any other comment.

Thanks in advance

--
edgar

Back to the top