Re: [jetty-users] file upload EofException?

Am 21.11.2014 um 08:01 schrieb Christoph Läubrich:
For downloads: Use a Netlimiter (or really large Images/CSS) and while
they are loading close/kill the browser or navigate to a different page.

Well, for download I am generally "happy" as I can reproduce this exception in download cases rather well locally - in some MSIE cases, download seems to end in EofExceptions without the client apparently noticing. I am unsure, but I remember someone earlier pointing out that this is a more-or-less known behaviour with MSIE not correctly closing SSL connections, and I see quite some artifacts trying to compensate for this behaviour in the logs of our reverse proxy/front controller (apache2+mod_proxy). Another culprit causing these sort of exceptions (EofException on Jetty, or ClientAbortException before while still using Glassfish) used to be the MSIE "your download has blocked" tool bar.

So far, download-wise, the rude way of dealing with this indeed has been to just log these exceptions at very low priority and look into other reasons first whenever seeing download related issues. As for upload:

For Upload: Same here, but upload a large file.
Can you show some more exception trace and/or code where you use the
FileUpload?

Tried this yesterday and today again, using several browsers (including old MSIE 8 on Windows XP) and several network connections. Outcome: I don't run into any errors. Even using thin network line (notebook => remote proxy => back to our production system through an UMTS link) I cannot get the upload to break even while sending multipart requests containing, say, lseveral arger Debian DVD iso images of around 700megs each (hardly something our customers will be doing). It's a bit vague... The fileupload code loosely follows [1] for embedding upload progress bar using DWR (yes, both the tutorial and the code are rather old, but so far it mostly worked without much ado).

[1]jtechnoprojects.blogspot.de/p/ajax-file-upload-with-progress-bar.html

By now I will just add a bit more logging and monitoring to things, see which users are caused by these exceptions and tell our support people to ask some of these whether they see any problems. And I'll be monitoring the apache2 reverse proxy to see whether there are any issues in there...

Thanks for your help, have a pleasant day!
Kristian

Back to the top