Re: [jetty-users] file upload EofException?

Well, actually, I fail to really figure out what happens, or to even see whether this affects users. I see a bunch of EofExceptions in my log that happen whenever users try downloading resources, but in these cases it seems either the downloads were browsser-blocked (MSIE) or perfectly fine even with this exception in the log.

As for upload, I fail to reproduce this issue... It seems related to multipart and apaches commons-fileupload, as the trace suggests:

[...]

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. null at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:351) at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:115)

[...]

Caused by: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpInput.read(HttpInput.java:137)
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(MultipartStream.java:999) at org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(MultipartStream.java:903)
	at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:101)
	at org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(Streams.java:100)
	at org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(Streams.java:70)
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:347)

[...]

Added a bit more exception handling to see whether there's something else fishy in here. Strange... :)

Thanks anyway and all the best,
Kristian

Back to the top