Re: [jetty-users] [ANNOUNCE] jooby: a minimalist web framework for Java 8, inspired by express.js

Hi,

Looks very promising. Certainly better than a JEE6 App :) I, too, utilize config and jackson in all my projects. I tend to stay away from IOC and annotation / reflection based app frameworks, but that is matter of personal preference, and as far as I see they are not intrusive  / are optional in Jooby.

I only could take a very quick look at the documentation. Here are my quick questions that arose:

- It looks like you are trying to promote a somewhat functional style in the framework and API, or at least take advantage of lambdas. Why is a handler's result void ? Does an Either<E,A> complicate things unnecessarily? Probably there could be two flavors ...

- Probably on the same note, how do I express asynch-ness of my handler result, is this somehow supported?

Regards, D