Re: [jetty-users] Where does Jetty dispatch to worker thread happens.

Thanks Simone!
 I read the Jetty doc which suggests to keep acceptors equal to "one per cpu on a machine"

Either ways like you mentioned for high rate of short lived connections its good to have higher acceprtors (my case is such) and this really helps.

Regards
Monish

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:30 AM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Monish Gandhi <monishgandhi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Simone, I am trying to understand how does configuring more acceptor
> help. Suggested number is equal to number of cores.

More acceptors are only useful for a very high rate of short lived connections.
Typically suggested number is 1, not the number of cores.
Don't confuse acceptors and selectors.

> The Either ways multiple
> acceptor threads would compete but only one would succeed. Which means all
> acceptor threads would be in BLOCKED state (waiting to lock) and only one
> would be RUNNABLE.

Correct.

--
Simone Bordet