Re: [jetty-users] problem with continuation reuse - how to sync timeout with async task?

Hi,

thanks again, I'll then have to syncronize and think I'll change to suspend/resume style then.

 as well and as such the developers should be aware that using them
 outside their lifetime may produce undefined results.

thats true, I just feel the documentation page does not state this very well, all the examples there would suffer from my problem if the continuation times out and then the event arives. Also the API states, that several methods (e.g. complete()) are okay to be called from different threads.

 I recommend, however, that you upgrade to Jetty 9, and use the
 standard Servlet API rather than Continutions.

Sadly we currently can't upgrade, maybe later :-)

Back to the top