Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.2.3 java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Thanks again.

What do you mean by “your application does not write data correctly”? I am receiving a json request in the http request body. Issue is that after reading partial json, there is a block and wait to receive rest of the json request. However, rest of the json never comes through thereby timing out. So, this is just at the request receiving stage. Could you please elaborate what you mean?

"your system is
overloaded for the configuration you have” - Yes, this crossed my mind. However, my question is why would a request thats in the middle of processing get timed out? And, also is the timeout symptom of an overload?

And, what other information you are looking for? I am happy provide. As I said, with the current configuration, I am sending a blast of 75 requests at one go to the server, and I immediately see this error.

Also, I bumped up corePoolSize and maxPoolSize to 256, and acceptors to 3 (number of CPU_Cores - 1), and I still see this exception.

Rajiv

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Rajiv Bandaru <rajivbandaru@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is our Jetty 9.2.3 server configuration and followed by the
> “java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException” stack trace I end up getting on our
> server.

The exception shows you have configured a 200ms idle timeout.
This is a *very* small value that causes your problems.
Why you did that ?

--
Simone Bordet
----