Re: [jetty-users] Null HttpChannel.getCurrentHttpChannel() in ServletHandler.doFilter()

Simone,

This is fantastic, thanks for the fix! I agree with you that the gzip problem seems to be more related to the use case or sitemesh, I'll try pulling in 9.2.4-SNAPSHOT to test it out and see if SiteMesh requires a change to handle proxied content a little differently.

Thanks again.

  --Matt

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 6:56 AM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Matt Deimel <mdeimel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Simone,
>
> Thanks for taking a look at this - I've updated the README for the project
> with a "How to build" section, and also tweaked the pom.xml file, so please
> download a fresh version of the repo. I used gradle 1.10 for building, I
> imagine 1.7 would work too, but I haven't tested (I included this detail in
> the added section to the README). Following these steps on a fresh Ubuntu
> install (virtualbox) I was able to get it running, please let me know if you
> encounter any issues.

Nope all good, thank you for updating the instructions.

So I fixed the issue, so that the NPE is now gone.
However, the "proxy" test is probably broken, but I'd like your comments on it.

What happens with the "proxy" test is that the browser performs a
request with Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate.
The proxy will forward this header to the server, and when the
response comes back it is actually gzipped and with Content-Encoding:
gzip.
Then Sitemesh adds the header and the footer, but uncompressed, so
that now the content has Content-Encoding: gzip but its bytes are:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
    <title>Sitemesh3 Jetty 9 Async Attempt</title>
        body {
            background-color: yellow;
        }
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="">
</head>
<section id="main-content">
    Sitemesh styled content: (adding yellow background color to the
body tag)</p> <br>

<bunch of gzipped bytes>

</section>

When this arrives to the browser, it chokes thinking it's gzip but it's not.

I think this is more a problem of the test / use case / sitemesh, not
sure exactly where :)

But I think now Jetty behaves correctly.

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet
----