Re: [jetty-users] Null HttpChannel.getCurrentHttpChannel() in ServletHandler.doFilter()

This is a very late response - among other delays there was some work in the
SiteMesh community to make SiteMesh3 asynchronous, which will get around
some of the issues. Unfortunately I'm still finding a similar problem now
when working through this situation.

I've updated to Jetty 9.2.3.v20140905

The project is a Jetty Proxy with a SiteMesh filter. Trying to decorate
proxied content.

When I use AsyncProxyServlet$Transparent as the servlet in web.xml I receive
the following error:

When I use ProxyServlet$Transparent as the servlet I receive the following
stack trace:

The NullPointerException now appears to be the same root problem that
started this thread, that HttpChannel.getCurrentHttpChannel() returns null
in Dispatcher.forward().

In both cases I can verify that the proxy request is being made, since it's
another application I control, and it's receiving a proper request.

Any suggestions on how to get around either of these problems? Thanks.