[jetty-users] Having trouble using Embedded Jetty and WebApplicationInitializer with a WarFile deployment

I found this thread:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-users/msg04587.html

It gets me part of the way there, but I'm not deploying using a
directory, I'm deploying using an existing war file.
  Jetty Version: 9.2.3.v20140905

I tried setting:
(note this is Scala, but it doesn't really matter in this context)
val webapp = new WebAppContext()
webapp.setContextPath("/")
webapp.setWar(config.getString("warLocation"))
webapp.setAttribute("org.eclipse.jetty.server.webapp.ContainerIncludeJarPattern",
".*/WEB-INF/classes/.*")

I'm not sure how to get it to pick up my WebAppInitializer class. The
jetty logs indicate that it has tried, but not found anything:
12:54:15.653 INFO  / - No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types
detected on classpath

I'll note that the warfile deploys beautifully in Jetty 9 using
https://github.com/Khoulaiz/gradle-jetty-eclipse-plugin

Its only when I'm trying to do it myself, using this simple embedded
mechanism that it doesn't work. I'm probably missing something obvious,
but I can't quite figure it out.

The project is here: https://github.com/dkowis/valve2

You can get here with `gradle run` (I'm using gradle 2.x) at the root,
at commit 9db7cc77f5

Thanks in advance!
David Kowis

PS: sorry for double send if this happened, I sent the other using the
wrong email address.

Back to the top