Re: [jetty-users] seeing slow jetty perf on EC2

which version of jetty?
what version of java?

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Seth White <seth.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

If I run jetty locally (Windows 7 box) and do a simple GET request, I can do 28K requests per second. If I try the same test on an EC2 instance (C3Large) I can only do ~3700 requests per second.   If I try undertow (on EC2) I see nearly 30K request per second.   How can I find the reason for jetty running slow? I've turned on debug logging, but don't see any clues. Could jetty be using the wrong I/O library? Any help would be appreciated.

$ cat /etc/*-release
Amazon Linux AMI release 2014.03
$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.10.37-47.135.amzn1.x86_64 (mockbuild@gobi-build-31004) (gcc vers
ion 4.8.2 20131212 (Red Hat 4.8.2-7) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Apr 18 03:28:26 UTC 2014

Thanks,
Seth