[jetty-users] class version problem - use modules?

Hi,

I've been blissfully ignorant and simply putting jars into lib/ext or the app's WEB-INF/lib, but today I hit a problem trying to use Apache Tika. If I put the tika jar in lib/ext, Jetty fails to start [1], and I'm wondering if it's because the Tika jar has an older version of an slf4j class.

Is this something I can get around with modules? Maybe I can add the tika jar but keeps its copy of slf4j classes private to itself?  I remember jboss modules doing something like this, but I don't see anything on the doc page [2]

thanks,
Rob

(I'm using Jetty 9.2)

[1]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JettyAwareLogger.log(JettyAwareLogger.java:619)

[2] http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/startup-modules.html

Back to the top