Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.2.2.v20140723 Released!

Hi,

On 23 Jul 2014, at 22:19, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps you have better chances to customize the client app ?

No chance to modify the requesting system, but I found a feature which might help me.

The requesting application supports partial answers. If there is a partial response from the service the data is processed within the application and waits for the rest of the data to be provided via JMS somewhere in the future. So ‘ll always send the response via JMS and the service response is always a partial message. If this is accepted by the requesting application I’m fine. Otherwise I’m in trouble again.

> Would be enough for the client app to send the timeout value, perhaps
> as a HTTP header.
> The server can look at it and will know whether to queue to JMS or not.

Nope, if the connection is broken by some other reason I’m still in trouble. The current solution does not care about the exception type. If an exception is thrown the response data is sent to the JMS queue. It’s that easy - but only possible with a customised version of Tomcat.

Thanks for your answers and best regards,
Harald

Back to the top