Re: [jetty-users] Jetty as window service fails at start

Posted this Friday and probably due to the weekend got no responses.  I very much need to get Jetty working as a service.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Has anybody been able to successfully run Jetty as a service by following the instructions?  If yes, do you know of something I might have missed or done wrong?

From: BRUNO MELLONI
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 3:46 PM
To: 'jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Jetty as window service fails at start

After installing and starting Jetty from the command line I followed the jetty procrun instructions on the website (http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/startup-windows-service.html), the service seemed to install correctly, but when I try to run it I get a message telling me that it failed to start… with no other details.  The logs indicate that Jetty started with no errors, but it clearly crashes upon start.

How do I troubleshoot it?  I assume there are useful error messages somewhere?

Also, as a failover… is there any other way (a more reliable one) to run Jetty as a windows service?

Back to the top