Re: [jetty-users] ServletResponse with ProxyServlet.Transparent is empty

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 9:55 PM, John <johnnyenglish739@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sry, there was a bug in my code. Everything is fine now :) thank you!
>>
>> Another little question. I try to build a program that intercepts the http
>> traffic between two nodes. Which means I try to verify every request and
>> response. At the moment I intercept the request in a custom filter in the
>> doFilter method. Is this the best point to intercept the message or would
>> you recommend to use another method? For example override another method in
>> the proxy servlet?
>
> I just committed small changes to make ProxyServlet more extensible,
> so that you can also intercept client-to-proxy content.
> They will be available in the next 9.2.0 release.

Just to be clear, 9.2.0 will have an completely asynchronous proxy
servlet that uses servlet 3.1 async I/O.
The way the client-to-proxy content is intercepted differ between
ProxyServlet and AsyncProxyServlet (so that you will have to override
different methods), but it would be possible for both.

Request wrapping is unfortunately broken in Servlet 3.1 when doing
async I/O (in the general case; for simpler cases it may still work)
due to specification issues, so I guess for now overriding methods in
[Async]ProxyServlet is the safer solution.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top