Re: [jetty-users] Continuous stopping/starting of WebAppContext

Nils,

If you're using the jetty-maven-plugin, you are NOT using the
jetty-deploy.xml file. You are running jetty directly on a webapp
project by typing "mvn jetty:run". If you do that, then ordinary
static file changes don't cause a redeploy, only changes to specific
files such as classes, web.xml etc.

If you're using the jetty distribution (starting with java -jar
start.jar) then the jetty-deploy.xml file is used and the
WebAppProvider monitors the webapps directory for changes in any
subdirs. It is not as choosy as the jetty-maven-plugin about which
files will trigger a redeployment -  although it does ignore dot files
and cvs and svn dirs and a few others.

Jan