Re: [jetty-users] Contention in ServletHolder.handle()

Hi,

Yes.  I agree this is needed is 'initOnStartup' is not configured, was
trying to work out why the synchonrized block was needed at all for
the 'initOnStartup' case though.

That said, the reason reason I was seeing contention is probably
primarily due to org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet()
because my servlet doesn't have 'initOnStartup' set.

In my use case I embed jetty and provide Jetty with a
pre-instantiated/configured servlet instance wrapped in a
ServletHolder.  I guess i need to set the somewhat unobvious initOrder
to non-0 to configure this and reduce the contention?

thanks!